LOS CABOS IS COMING BACK…STRONGER THAN EVER!
Wednesday morning, in a meeting with the different managers and directors of several commercial associations, Carlos Joaquín Gonzalez, Innovation and Touristic Development Subdirector, informed them of the progress that we are seeing in the area after only two weeks of Hurricane Odile. Some relevant updates:
- First and foremost, it is outstanding the support and commitment from everyone living and working in Los Cabos. The response and comradery has helped to favorably shape the situation.
- The Los Cabos International Airport is set to welcome commercial flights starting on Wednesday October 8th with national and international flights available from companies such as Delta and Spirit, less than one week away!
- CFE informs that at this point, 90% of Baja California Sur has power as well as over 85% of all Los Cabos.
- International events such as the Bisbee´s Black & Blue Fishing Tournament will take place as planned on October 21-25th, so far with 95 confirmed participants (and the number keeps increasing!); as well as the Los Cabos International Film Festival, November 12-16th.
- Several Golf Courses and Restaurants in both San Jose and Cabo San Lucas are open to the public now.
- Water activities and eco-tours are open for business.
- It is estimated that by November 15th, approximately 6000 hotel rooms will be available, with the majority of the restaurants opening and operating as usual.
- The San Jose Art Walk is also planned to begin its season by no later than the first Thursday in November and will continue until the last Thursday in June.
- Tomorrow, Friday October 3rd, Cruise ships will resume their arrival to Los Cabos with no expected further cancelations
- The Federal Police force will remain in Los Cabos until July 2015
- To support the local economy, many financial incentives and programs are being offered to the small and medium businesses. Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto is here visiting Los Cabos for the third time after Odile, and today will begin delivering the first set of these incentives.
The local community is leading the charge by reinforcing the sense of unity, team work and pride that is making Los Cabos unstoppable.
Regarding our real estate offices, we’d like to share with you the following news:
- The Pedregal de Cabo San Lucas Real Estate Office will be completely operational within the next couple of weeks. You can find the Pedregal agents working shift in the office and at Open Houses within the area. Stop by those properties to talk to them, see how well the community is doing and preview those available properties. Will keep you updated on which houses will be open.
- Our San Jose office, next to Don Sanchez Restaurant, will be resuming operations by the end of next week.
- If you drive by our La Ribera office you will find it fully operational and with our agent on site ready to show you the hidden beauties of the Sea of Cortez
- The Los Barriles office is also 90% operational. Phone line should be completely ready in a week but our agents and manager are at your services on regular hours with internet and power running normally. Cell phones may be the best way to speak to us or you can try our Fax number at 141-0798
- La Paz city is also showing comparable improvements with our office on the Malecon working normally.
- And finally, our office at Pueblo Magico Todos Santos is also fully functional with reports that the town has gotten its power back and its streets and beaches are clean.
I also want to invite you to support Pedregal Cares Relief Fund. Our Cabo San Lucas office is assisting this non-profit relief fund that aims to help Pedregal de Cabo San Lucas workers (security, maintenance, housekeeping, etc) to recover and rebuild a safe home for them and their families. If you want to know who you are helping, visit the Pedregal Blog here to see their pictures and read their bios. For donations, feel free to click in here.
Once again, in the name of everyone at Coldwell Banker Riveras, I would like to extend you our gratitude for the solidarity you have shown us and the area. But most importantly, you have our commitment as Cabeños that the unprecedented efforts by all involved reflect our passion and pledge to the land that welcomes you to feel at home.
We enthusiastically wait for your arrival!
Los Cabos, #unstoppable.
Leticia Diaz Rivera
Coldwell Banker Riveras – Broker
For more information about Baja California Sur Real Estate and News, call us to + 52 (624) 143.1342 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org