Galento Foundation is a non-profit organization that believes that one very well educated individual has a constructive impact in society and propels a positive change for a greater good.
Their goal is to find those students who have excelled in the public school system and support them socially, financially and morally, in gaining access to superior scholastic opportunities which will reward their hard work with a proper college tuition and to forge a better life for themselves, their family and their country.
Galento supports kids on a 10-year period: from 5th grade all the way thru college. Presently it is helping two college students in mainland Mexico at the renowned Tec de Monterrey University (ITESM), one college student in Cabo, plus one more in middle school at Colegio El Camino, an American School with IB credits in Los Cabos.
There are six different ways to participate and be an agent of change throughout Galento:
1. Sponsor “Galento”: This is a sponsor who undertakes economic contributions for a specific amount that will help cover school registration, tuition, uniforms, school supplies, classes and other expenses related specifically with school.
2. “Mentor” Sponsor: This sponsor’s task is to contribute towards the ongoing formation of the young adult by being a mentor. Help can be contributed by assisting the student with his homework, providing private tutoring classes for a specific subject or exam, artistic education, sports or any type of help that will benefit the overall education of the scholar.
3. “Donation in kind” Sponsor: This type of sponsorship is for those who wish to donate anything in kind like books, school supplies, uniforms, stationery, backpacks, copies, glasses, computers, etc. Any material tool that can help the student perform their school activities more effectively.
4. Governmental Sponsor: This sponsorship comes from a public entity which provides a financial contribution that directly benefits the student or his/her parents to assure that all school supplies and needs are being met accordingly.
5. Voluntary Sponsor: Individuals who contribute their time to perform administrative, fundraising or organizational tasks.
6. Financial Loans: College tuition will have a debt component which can be payable by cash with a small interest or through work provided by the foundation.
At Coldwell Banker Riveras we are happy to bet on education and support them by running for a cause at the upcoming 5K Charity Race of the Los Cabos Gran Fondo event. Among the activities happening to celebrate the first important bicycling race of Los Cabos, 100% of the funds will be donated towards this association.
If you too want to participate and help Galento be an agent of change in our community, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit http://www.galento.org/ and attend the 5K Charity Race on Sunday October 18th, at Cabo del Sol. More information at http://www.volpigranfondoseries.com/#!los-cabos-mexico/cqoz